Depression can be a way of shutting down or avoiding unwanted emotions in fear that we cannot cope with them. We can experience depression as a reaction to many hardships. Trouble in our relationships with partners or loved ones can lead to depression when we lose the sense of closeness we once had. We may become stuck in re-occurring behaviors, problems or conflicts that cause us to feel hopeless. A significant loss such as the death of a loved one, separation/divorce or a transition from one stage of life to another can cause us to feel lost and out of control leading to depression. Many of us have memories from childhood or past relationships that affect our ability to enjoy life in the present. Whatever the cause of depression, there is hope and through therapy we can find freedom from depression and start living again.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
-      * Feelings of sadness
-      * Frequent crying spells
-      * Low energy or motivation
-      * Difficulty with focus/concentration
-      * Loss of interest in usual activities
-      * Feeling hopeless, irritable, anxious
-      * Low energy or fatigue
-      * Lack of appetite/ weight loss
-      * Isolated and withdrawn socially
-      * Feelings of worthlessness
-      * Excessive feelings of guilt
-      * Thoughts of harming self or suicide
How Therapy for Depression Can Help:
We will work together to identify underlying causes to your depression that are rooted in past experiences and learned behaviors. Many times, we must grieve and re-experience hard feelings that have been tucked away deep inside. We will do this together and along the way learn skills for coping and managing emotions in a healthy way that prevents you from becoming numbed out emotionally. You can find relief and we want to help on your journey to finding a happier you..
Use the link for an Appointment request, after which we will send you the details through email.