Mindfulness practice is about developing the ability to work with our true nature, our deep inner core, to understand it and make connection with it, so we are living more meaningful, connected and complete lives. It is not to achieve a goal of de-stressing and relaxation but to know what lies under the stress, to understand our own inner workings and what thought, emotion and behaviour patterns are getting formed as a result.
Just like river water that is not still does not let us see the river bed, so a mind that is full of thoughts and distractions cannot let us see what feelings, emotional patterns, fears or anxieties truly lie beneath it. Meditation is the process by which we help our mind to gradually settle down so we can truly start looking at what is our true nature.
Why an 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course?
Neuroscience research has shown that 8 weeks of mindfulness and meditation practice can change the neurological wiring of the brain in healthy ways. 8 weeks of meditation practice is known to change the structure and function of the brain. A number of studies have been done to test this out. an article by the Harvard Gazette that highlights some of the important studies on the effects of mindfulness and their findings.
The 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course: Course Content
This 8 week mindfulness and meditation course is a practical and experiential course aimed at clarifying the basic concepts of mindfulness and learning the practice of meditation.
This course combines the understanding of evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, and mindfulness meditation to help you make sense of why you are meditating. it highlights how mindfulness meditation scientifically affects your mind and body and how insight and understanding from your learning throughout the course can be applied into your everyday life.
The course is designed to be completely experiential and to align with daily life as we experience it.
The 8 Week Mindfulness Meditation Course will cover the following areas:
-      * What is mindfulness
-      * Understanding of evolutionary psychology, supportive of why the brain works as it does
-      * The neuroscience of mindfulness
-      * Learning to apply mindfulness in everyday life
-      * Working with the body mindfully- learning body meditation
-      * Learning Breathing Meditation
-      * Learning how to work with emotions mindfully
-      * Learning how to work with thoughts mindfully
-      * Dealing with thoughts and emotions in everyday life- personal application
-      * Mindfulness and Indian philosophy: Deepening practice through understanding of basic philosophical principles
Use the link for an Registration request, after which we will send you the details through email.
* ₹: 23000/- (INR.)
We will Inform you the dates & timings for the above course shortly.
* If you wish to join this course and can not afford the course fee, Please get in touch with us. We will try our best to accomodate you, as we deeply wish for more and more people to join to learn this course.